Over the 2013 May Bank Holiday weekend, 4-6 May we're invited you to take photos throughout the building and galleries to find the best photograph of BALTIC.
From the most innovative and atmospheric or a beautiful image of the façade to a snap of a favourite object, or even something humorous with family and friends – the winning picture will creatively capture the spirit of BALTIC. The Art Fund will then select the winning image from each of the ten museum finalists then hand over to the public to choose the overall winner from 20 May 2013.
Look out for these special photo opportunities throughout BALTIC all weekend:
- Go on a Family Quest with one of our BALTIC Crew at 11.30 on Saturday and find out about our current exhibitions with opportunities to take interesting photos.
- Join us for a Behind the Scenes Tour of the building at 11.00 on Sunday and discover unique photo opportunities
- On Sunday, teens can try their hand at a digital photography workshop as part of Art Mix, from 14.00-16.00
- Meet and talk to camera and photography enthusiasts and professionals
- Add your photographs to The Street to help create a wall of photos
- Check out our I LOVE BALTIC Wall on Level 5 and add your own messages or pictures
- Join in with special Busy B’s session in the studio all weekend from 11.00–16.00 and make props to pose with in the photo studio on Level 5
- Pop into our Information Superhighway for help to upload your photos online or use our computers to do it yourself
- Have fun with the Portrait of BALTIC Studio Photo Booth and take home a photographic souvenir of your visit
- Take a Spotlight Tour of our exhibitions at 11.30, 13.30 & 15.30 which offer exciting photo opportunities
- Step into BALTIC SHOP Fashion Window and strike a pose with our fantastic props and gorgeous giant Tatty Devine Jewellery
**FOR PHOTOGRAPHY GROUPS & CLUBS **
- Special access to BALTIC roof and Power Plant for photography groups and clubs. Please e-mail email@example.com as booking is essential and places are limited.
We will be documenting the weekend's activities through photos on the tumblr site balticphoto.tumblr.com
The winning BALTIC entry will have their photo displayed on a poster in the building. The overall winning Say Cheese! photographer will be decided by the Art Fund and will receive:
An iPad mini / A year’s NationalArtPass / A selected image published in the Art Fund’s magazine, Art Quarterly / Two tickets to the Museum of the Year ceremony on 4 June at the V&A, London
SUBMITTING YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS
Visitors can enter by visiting artfund.org/prize, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a twitpic to the @artfund Twitter account. You can enter up to 5 different photographs. Photographs uploaded or sent by email must be in JPEG format only. Full information on how to enter can be found at artfund.org/prize
Closing date for entries is Wednesday 15 May 2013