BALTIC is situated on the Quayside in Gateshead, a 10 minute walk from Gateshead Town Centre.
PLEASE NOTE: FRI 22 - MON 25 JAN
- Fri 22 Jan 06.30–Sun 0630 23 Jan > South Shore Road is closed to vehicles
- Fri 22 16.45–0100 > pedestrian restrictions on South Shore Road, Baltic Square and performance Square. Marshals will be in place to guide the public.
- Sat 23 16.45–0100 > pedestrian restrictions on South Shore Road, Baltic Square and performance Square. Marshals will be in place to guide the public.
- BALTIC can be approached by foot from all direct routes during all the above times.
- Mill Road and BALTIC car park are open as usual.
BALTIC is accessible for pedestrians from the Newcastle Quayside over the Gateshead Millennium Bridge.
Parking spaces are available in the BALTIC Car Park. Follow Signage for 'Gateshead Quays' and 'Other Car Parks' until specific signage for BALTIC Car Park becomes visible. Spaces are pay on exit and cash-only; BALTIC Car Park charges £3 for up to 2 hours and then £1 thereafter. No charge for Blue Badge Holders.
Coach drop off point is next to BALTIC on South Shore Road.
Newcastle Central Station. 3 hours to London’s Kings Cross, 1.5 hours to Edinburgh.
Tyne and Wear Metro Service. Newcastle Central Station or Gateshead Metro Interchange.
Gateshead Bus Interchange or Newcastle Central Station. The bright Yellow Quaylink buses run every 10 minutes during the day, at least every 20 minutes during the evening and directly serve BALTIC. The Quaylink service 1 (Q1) starts from both Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle Central Station.
Find out more about the Quaylink bus service.