Make your donation go even further without costing you a penny.
Gift Aid is one of the simplest and most effective ways of giving to charity. Gift aid is tax relief on money donated to UK charities. UK charities are entitled to 28% tax reclaim from the Inland Revenue on every £1 donated by UK taxpayers. This allows us to claim 25p for every £1 that you donate - as long as you pay at least that amount in tax and give the charity permission to claim.
For example, if you give us £10 a month we can claim an extra £2.50, making your gift worth £12.50 a month.
The Gift Aid guidelines require a Gift Aid Declaration Form to be completed to ensure BALTIC has the data we need to be able to claim Gift Aid on a donation.
A declaration can be made to cover individual donations, a series of donations, to cover donations made during a specified period or to cover all future donations.
To ensure we can claim the money back, it's crucial that all the information asked for on the declaration is provided. Your details will be held securely on BALTIC’s database in accordance with the tax rules. Information will not be passed on to any third party organisations.
What if the donor is not a UK taxpayer?
The Gift Aid scheme is unique to the UK. If the donor is not a UK taxpayer, they can still make a donation, but the donation will not attract the 25% tax 'bonus.'
By signing a gift aid declaration you confirm that:
- You have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for the current tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for the current tax year.
- You understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.
- You understand the charity will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I have given.
It is important to notify BALTIC if you:
- Want to cancel this declaration.
- Change your name or home address.
- No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
If you already donate to us and want to check that you are gift aiding your donations then please contact the Development Team on +44 (0)191 440 4935